On Tuesday 30 June we will be celebrating 40 years of Bonnie’s, and launching our new, expanded service. The launch will be a way for us to acknowledge the amazing work that has been done by the women before us who saw the need, back in the early 70s, for a safe place for women and children experiencing domestic violence to heal.
40 years on women and children still live with violence and services like Bonnie’s continue to provide support and an opportunity for women and kids to find their strength and get on with their lives.
In the years that have followed there have been significant changes and additions to the services we provide. We can now provide assistance to women and children who are homeless or at risk of homelessness whether or not domestic violence is the primary reason support is needed.
At the launch we will reflect on the work that has been done and discuss our plans for the future.
Our launch will be attended by our clients, supporters, partners and friends. All celebrating with us. Guests include:
- Tanya Davies, Member for Mulgoa and Parliamentary Secretary Youth Affairs and Homeless
- Paul Lynch, Member for Liverpool and Shadow Attorney-General
- Guy Zangari, Member for Fairfield, Shadow Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events, Shadow Minister for Sport, Shadow Minister for Corrections, Shadow Minister for Emergency Services, and Shadow Minister for Veterans Affairs
- Nick Lalich, Member for Cabramatta and Deputy Opposition Whip
- Dr Lesley Laing, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Education and Social Work, Sydney University
- Mary Perkins, CEO of Shelter New South Wales